Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralMove antlet to another zpool
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Move antlet to another zpool

How can I move an antlet to another zpool?  I've got 3 zpools on my antsle ( /antlets, /mypool1 & /mypool2 ). I need to move an antlet from /mypool1 to /mypool2. Cloning is not an option & I'm unable to create a template.

Is this possible at the command line with zfs send / zfs receive?

Hi Dave:

Here are some info regarding using zfs send / zfs receive.  I've tested this on my antsle One and external zpool on USB Drive.

See if there are there are any snapshots:
zfs list -t all

If none, create snapshot for antlet:
zfs snapshot pool_name2/antlet_name@snap_name

To send old antlet and create new one:
zfs send pool_name/antlet_name@snap_name | zfs receive pool_name2/antlet_name2

Edit or copy XML file to change name, location and remove UUID.

To define an LXC antlet:
vc define antlet-libvirt.xml

To define a KVM antlet:
virsh define antlet-libvirt.xml

I needed to remove the UUID and change the name and location if order for the antlet to be defined correctly.  I did test with small LXC.

danielgalvan has reacted to this post.
danielgalvan