Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Migrate from on Antsle to anther Antsle

Any easy way to copy a VM from one Antsle server another?

Any issues if the servers are different types of Antsles?   XD versus non XD?

bhrobinson has reacted to this post.
bhrobinson

I would like to know this as well. I intend to wipe mine and reset it, and have several custom images I want to restore afterwards.

ac9hp has reacted to this post.
ac9hp

This is probably overkill, but it worked.

1. Your running systems are <systemname>.qcow2 files, or similar.  You can find them by entering "ls /antlets/<systemname>" or "ls /hdd/<systemname>" as is appropriate.
  2. I cloned the system I wanted to move from my testing system to my production system (yes, I purchased two Antsle systems -- it was a great investment).
  3. Using the SFTP command, I copied the cloned .qcow2 file to my second server.
  4. Using the instructions to import a virtual machine (part of the regular documentation found on the main web site), I selected "Path" rather than drag-and-drop to create the template.
  5. Once the template was completed, I installed a new virtual machine on the production server using that template.

The process, for a 6gb system, took about 20 minutes.

Once the system was installed, I set up the new network addresses, system name, etc., in the /etc directory as appropriate.