Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Is there a guide on how to expose an antlet running on antsle nano to the internet?

I have a 4GB Antsle Nano. A debian6 (arm64) is running over 2 cpus and 2GB of memory. In this, I have a NetCore3.1 application with a REST API, that accepts income messages on ports 5000 (http) and 5001 (https)

My Setup is like this

Internet ====> Router ====> AntsleNano ========> AntletDebian10
                                                192.168.100.29                           10.1.1.77
                                           (my internal nano IP)            service listening on 5000, 5001

I have my nano, directly connected to my router.

In the antlet, I am accepting all in the firewall

~ # iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

I have a port forwarding rule enabled
Protocol: tcp
Source IP: 192.168.100.29
Source Port: 5177
Destination antlet: debian10
Destination port: 5001

I have also enabled instantSSL, in mypublicname.antsle.us

Obviously, when i launch my application and i locally call wget to localhost:5001/api/hello I receive the expected answer

Eight now i am trying to access the mypublicname.antsle.us:5177/api/hello and i get this error:

Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 192.168.100.29:5177

I have also did port redirection in my router (5177 from the outside to 5177 in 192.168.100.29), but the error is the same.

So, there are my questions:

• Is the any step by step guide around that can explain how to make it so i can access the services on port 5001 from the outside?
  • Do i have to do port redirection on my router (the one that the ISP gave me)?
  • How can i test the different parts of the connection?
  • I also read somewhere that i should make it so the antlet should use my router as the DNS, but i'm not sure how to access it. Should i do another port redirection for this?

Any ideas?

Thanks!