Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

IPMI - Default Username and Password

Page 1 of 2Next

I enjoying my first week with my antsle.  Today I tried accessing the IPMI port.  I followed the documents, established a static IP in BIOS, etc.  I can access the port through a browser but using the default ADMIN/ADMIN for username and password doesn't work (as the documents suggested).  I have tried lower and upper case.

I also tried my root password and the default root password the device shipped with.

Any thoughts on what the real username and password should have been by default?

Thank you.

Hi @divernick,

It's here in the docs: https://docs.antsle.com/get-started/antsle-setup#4-ipmi-optional

Oh shoot, I'd seen your original post and and didn't notice you found it in the docs. Will look into this.

Hey @divernick!

Can you get to the following screen? (see attachment). You'll need to use https:// to access the IPMI - and confirm in your browser that you trust the source.

After that, you should be able to login with ADMIN / ADMIN.

If you see the correct login screen and the credentials still aren't accepted, please post specifically what Antsle you're trying this on. We might need to go through support to troubleshoot your specific case.

Best, Marc

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot-2020-03-03-at-21.49.51.png

Yes, I can get to that screen.  That's where I was trying the account information from my original post.  I don't really get any error.  After clicking "Login" the page refreshes back to the login.

I have an Antsle One D+ - 8 cores.  What other information is necessary?  Are you looking for the specific server ID off antHill.  I was hesitant to post that here.

Thank you!

I talked to support, the provided information is enough: Some Antsle one Ds have a custom IPMI password. Those are marked with a sticker above the ethernet-port. Try using the user `ADMIN` and the password marked as `PWD:` on the back of your Antsle.

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

That worked!   I didn't even notice the sticker before...excellent!

Glad it worked! I updated the documentation for future cases.

Hello @divernick

I seem to be having the same issue you had. Though i never found a custom PWD sticker. Do you think your pwd stuck was generic to that model or just to that specific device?

Glad it worked! I made some updates to the docs for when new scenarios arise.

retro bowl

Page 1 of 2Next