Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to force IP traffic between antlets out of the antsle

My Antsle is connected to a Dell Sonicwall SOHO 250 network appliance.  One of the features of the Sonicwall is that it has a good packet monitor that is extremely useful when tracking down communication and handshaking problems.

I have a Windows 10 antlet with a backup application that talks to agents on other computers.  I'm having a problem getting it to talk to an offsite agent.  I suspect its port related.  So, I created second Win10 antlet and tried to install the agent on that so I could monitor the packet exchange.  Unfortunately, nothing is captured by the packet monitor.

I suspect that the antsle is "smart" enough to recognize that the communication is occuring between 2 peers, and doesn't bother to send the packets out to the router just to have them returned to the antsle.

My questions are: (1)is this likely what is happening, and, (2)is there a way to force the antsle to physically transmit packets from one antlet out to the router which would send them back to the second antlet.

Thanks for any insights.

have you tried adding a virtual interface to your Antlet? This way your Win10 backup Antlet will be on the same network as your SonicWall.. normally when you create Antlets they are assigned a network interface on the vswitch only. Here is a screenshot, notice that by default the Antlet is on "bblv" network.. when I want an Antlet to be on the same subnet as my router, I select the interface connected to my gateway, in my case "br0"

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2021-02-07-at-12.19.21-AM.png
treicadani has reacted to this post.
treicadani