Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Grub issues after install reboot

I was consistently getting an error after installing xxx .iso from a flash drive to a different flash drive for testing purposes.

The error occured after installation finished and the host was rebooted to the newly installed flash drive. The error was "error: no such device E00C-F95D" followed by an "unknown filesystem" and a grub-rescue prompt...."

Now I had done a successful install to a second flash drive before and it worked flawlessly but wanted a bigger flash drive since it appeared the space to download a template was going to the flash drive before adding antlet and then moving to a data store.

This is where the problem came in. I tried to install to a 16gb, 32gb, even 256GB flash drives with the same error. I began to realize that all the 64gb flash drives were SanDisk branded. With that knowledge in hand I found a 32gb Lexar 3.0 flash drive and installed it on there. Bam! It worked and booted fine.

Knowing the 32gb is what I used before I decided to go get a brand new 64gb and 128gb Lexar 3.0 flash drive. I just got done installing and successfully booting edgeLinux to the 128gb flash drive.

So, is SanDisk not supported? FWIW, I formatted in both NTFS, exFat, primary and logical, MBR and GPT in order to eliminate problem. I also burned the iso image with etcher and winsetupfromusb (the one I ended up using).

I can't vouch for any other brands working or not working but I know this one does. Lexar 128gb 3.0 Flash drive.