Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Every Antlet is 100% full and in a Pause/Stop state

All my running Antlets went into "Pause" and I can't start any stopped Antlets. After seeing that /var/log/nginx/access.log filled up the root filesystem, I zero'd it out and got the root filesystem down to 56%, but all the /antlet filesystems are at 100%. I restarted nginx, and also reboot my Antsle, but they are still all at 100%.  Clicking resume does nothing. Trying to start a stopped antlet errors with "unable to set user and group to 77:77 /antlets/test/CentOS-7.qcow2: No space left on device".

Running: edgeLinux version: 0.12.1   / AntMan 3.3.1

Anyone know how to get the antlets from being 100% full?

Hi akak01000101:

You can use the steps below for the root partition in edgeLinux.  You can also use the commands to find out what's taking space inside the antlets as well.

This usually means the root '/' partition is full or the zpool is full.

Check the root '/' partition from the antsle's command line with
df -h /

check the 'Use%' column. If the root '/' partition is full we can check for large files with
for f in `find / -xdev -type f -size +300M` ; do ls -lh $f ; done

Check the zpools with
zpool list

The CAP column show the percent full and the FREE column the free space.

If the antlets zpool is full or nearly full, I would first try to remove any unused templates. An unused template is a template from which no antlet has been created.
You can see the list of templates with
ll /antlets/_templates

To remove a template use
zfs destroy -r antlets/_templates/TEMPLATENAME

Note, there is no leading '/' in the path for zfs file systems.
This will error if an existing antlet is dependent on the template.
If you get a 'data set is busy' error, then remove the directory first then run the zfs destroy again.
example:

rm -rf /antlets/_templates/Win2016
zfs destroy -r antlets/_templates/Win2016

Next, if you still cant open antMan, try removing an antlet. Here is a guide on removing antlets from the command line:
https://antsle.com/forum/?view=thread&id=13

Once you have freed up some space in your root partition in edgeLinux, you may be able to start the antlets again.

RESOLVED:

Thanks Daniel. I had previously cleared out the large log files and brought "/" down to 56%. It seems, removing some templates, per your suggestion, cleared up the issue of all the antlets in /antlets showing 100%. The antlets are back up and running.

Thanks again!

-Akak

Hi Akak:

Glad to hear that you were able to get back and running!