Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

edgeLinux upgrade, antlets stuck in automatic repair loop

Hello,

I recently upgraded from edgeLinux 0.5.0 to edgeLinux 2.0 which requires doing a fresh install. I followed the antsle documentation and was able to successfully install edgeLinux 2.0 and restore local backups of my anlets which are all windows 2016 servers. None of them are able to boot now, they start up and go straight to automatic repair. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks

-Troy

Hi @troymeyer

Have you tried performing Windows repair by booting from the ISO?

Using antMan, you can go to your antlet > Virtual Disk > Import Disk.  You can upload the ISO by choosing File Upload or by Path.  Then click on Add as CD-ROM checkbox.

After adding the ISO, use this command to edit your antlet's XML to add CD-ROM booting.

virsh edit antlet_name

where antlet_name is the name of your antlet.

Add the <boot dev='cdrom'/> line in front of <boot dev='hd'/> line:

<boot dev='cdrom'/>
<boot dev='hd'/>

Save the file.

When you start your antlet, you should be taken to the Window recovery screen.