Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

edgeLinux 2 mounts USB drive as /dev/sda causing zpool to fail

Since installing edgeLinux 2, I find that it always mounts my USB drive as /dev/sda after a reboot.

This causes the zpool to fail to mount, since it's configured as mirrored between sda and sdb.

I have tried a number of ways to get around this from udev to BIOS configurations but can't find any way to force my USB drive to be /dev/sdc.

The Gentoo version of edgeLinux didn't seem to have this issue.

Is there a way to specify the zpool by id?

I'm running Anstle One 4 core hardware with 2 mirrored 250 GB SSD.

Hi @colin

Thanks for contacting antsle Support.

I had similar experience with External Drives on my antsle One.  In my experience, I didn't have any issues with the zpool but rather but antsle would try to boot from the External USB Drive so I needed to change the boot order.

I'll reach out to our Support team concerning this issue.

If you'd like to import by ID, you can use this command below:

zpool import ID

where ID is the ID of your zpool

zpool import -a

will import all available zpools

See attached screenshot for an example.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • zpool_import_by_id.jpg