Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Create New Template From .img File

I am trying to create a new template for the Nano based on the newly released (05/27/2020) Raspberry PiOS ...  I have tried importing the downloaded .img file into the templates, created an Antlet using that template(KVM) and it goes to a UEFI shell boot screen.   I have also tried importing the downloaded file as a virtual drive (as CD-ROM) and end up in the same situation.

I have also written the file to a microSD (verified it runs on a RasPi 4 and then imaged that as a .iso or .img  but still when imported - I end up at the same shell boot prompt.

How do I create a valid template for the Nano from a downloaded image file?

Hey @spollock!

The raspberry pi uses a different bootloader than libvirt, so just importing an ISO or img won't do the trick - in order for it to boot you'd need to  use an installer image, which raspberrypi.org doesn't provide at the moment. However, we plan to release a Raspberry PiOS LXC template this week, so stay tuned😉

Cheers!

-Marc

Hey @mpbaum

I'd prefer a KVM template please.  🙂