Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Consider Updating Documentation

The installation steps leave out a few critical pieces. For example, you require Standard Partitioning. I know it's been stated in posts and in the video, but please, update the documentation.

Another item seems to be that you can't install this on a drive using NVM Express. After hours of troubleshooting, I decided to try with a SATA drive with the standard partitions ON the SATA drive, the Ansible antsle_devices task in the user_input role finally succeeded. I tried to find the code but couldn't or I'd be giving the exact problem.

Lastly, ZFE fails to install if secure boot is turned on. It would be helpful to outline this as a step, or to provide documentation on how to sign the modules if people want secure boot on.

Mike Buckley has reacted to this post.
Mike Buckley

Super good points, we're on it!

Thanks Daniel. Just got the antsle XD I ordered and thought Iā€™d point out the first I did which was to visit: http://docs.antsle.com/setup

as of the writing of this post, it returns 404 Page Not Found šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

I will dutifully follow the instructions and post here with feedback.

Uploaded files:
  • 9E53A749-916E-44FA-A134-986E02D98EF0.jpeg
bigfootea has reacted to this post.
bigfootea

Got the Antsle running without much hassle. Things seem to work as intended. However, here is another failure in the documentation where the Read More links take you to an non-existent page.

Also, when you update the link, please take 5 seconds and have the link open a new tab instead of navigating me away from the AntMan console.

The documentation around how to connect to the anstle in that pop up is critical and I suggest you create button in the page where you view your Antlet that I can click on, and it'll just give me:

ssh -p 22010 [email protected] WITH the default username and password. I know it's here: https://docs.antsle.com/templates/templates#default-passwords

But, if you're going to go through the effort of adding a pop up, make it more useful šŸ˜‰

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2020-02-28-at-10.43.42-PM.png
bigfootea has reacted to this post.
bigfootea