Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can't Connect External USB Drive

I am trying to connect an 8TB external USB drive, to my Antsle,  and getting the following error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'device_add': failed to open host usb device 3:4 

This is a Seagate 8TB external drive. I reformated the drive for Linux and I am still getting the same error.

I have a 1TB drive connected to the second USB port and I am having no issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi @hmoran,

Please answer the following questions to further debug the problem:
- You said connect the external drive to the antsle. How do you plan to use the device? To add an additional zpool? or, Do you want to connect it directly to an antlet (USB passthrough)?
- When are you getting this error? Which action triggers it?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi there

I am trying to connect the USB Drive directly to the Antlet (USB Passthrough) - it is a 8TB drive

I am able to see the USB Drive in in the USB menu of the Antlet.  I connected a 1 TB USB drive with no issue, but it wont' work with the 8TB drive.