Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Cannot upgrade to 0.13.1, system bombs

I've tried to upgrade to 0.13.1 twice and both times it crashed the system. I've had to do the restore process to get functionality back both times.  What gives on this upgrade?

I'm just about to give up on the product.  0.13.0 completely trashed my Antsle, will not even boot anymore, restore process will not fix the problem because it's now missing part of the Kernel.  I've been screaming in the forums for days looking for a solution to rebuild the Antsle, but I'm beginning to think there is not solution or they only want to offer help for big Money ($$$).  This thing was marketed as a prosumer device at least from my perspective, and they are NOT treating it as such offering up documented solutions, or answers in forums.

This is what they sent to me :

First, we need to rollback to the previous edgeLinux version. You'll need a USB stick with the following image:

https://static-files.hau.to:8443/edgeLinux/sysrec.iso

Once you have the USB ready, connect a monitor, a keyboard and the USB stick; then boot from it.

Once in the sysrec OS, download the rollback shell script and execute. You can use the following commands to do so:

wget -c https://static-files.hau.to:8443/edgeLinux/edgelinux-rollback.sh

chmod +x edgelinux-rollback.sh
./edgelinux-rollback.sh

After the script finishes, shutdown your server by executing:

shutdown -h now

Remove the USB stick, and boot normally. You should be able to access your previous environment before the upgrade.

We are reviewing the upgrade environment to see what went wrong with the upgrade.

Found that in another thread...it does not fix my problem because content that is needed to boot isn't restored in the rollback.

I think my only help is to completely restore the OS.

How did you get in touch with them to get this information?

Oddly enough, opened a ticket.  I have received no guidance on how to do that upgrade successfully or to stay away from it.

Finally got in contact with support...
Did anyone else know the only way to do that seems to now be through the anthill page...btw?

In anycase, I got the instructions to totally reset the OS, this seems to have fixed "most" of the issues.

Of note...My instantssl seems to be all messed not sure how to correct that...I'm hoping not that the system is talking to anthill maybe works itself out.

I'm also wondering if the 0.13.x update got pulled, because it doesn't seem to be offered currently to my system...and I though a 0.13.1 had been released as well, niether the antsel or my edgelinux box seems to see that.

OK...so it seems that yes indeed now that I'm taking to anthill the cert got fixed 🙂

Support confirmed the 0.13.x update got pulled.