Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Antlet Connection to USB Phone

Hey All,

Can I get pointed in the right direction for how to connect a Android phone via USB to an antlet?  I currently am doing some mobile application analysis/mobile pentesting and want to be able to make some mobile devices be accessible to my Kali Linux Antlet.

Regards,

Petey488

Hi Petey488:

You can follow directions for USB Passthrough to enable the device on your antlet below.

https://docs.antsle.com/system/usb-drives#usb-pass-through

Thank you, but I am confused on how this can work in the long run.  The nature of working on phones is that they reboot all the time, everyt ime they reboot they can no longer connect to my KVM as the Device ID changes leading me to have to reboot the entire Antlet.  Additionally, the Antlet retains the old configuration and I need to go through the console to edit the appropriate configuration files.  Is there a better way to do this or a possible fix for this behavior?

Thanks!

Hi Petey488:

Yes, this is a known behavior and editing the XML is the correct way to fix to get USB Passthrough working again.

That's a good question, actually. I mean, in the long run, those options are that efficient, and that makes me sick. Maybe something is wrong with my phone or my mantlet, as I have the same situation as you, as I have to reboot the phone every damn time. Sometimes, the damn reboot goes wrong, and I have to recover the freaking data from my phone. And I'm already sick of using those android data recovery applications as some of them are so freaking bad! Why don't they allow me to choose the information I want to recover?

Hi @cinthya98

Sorry to hear about that.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'll let our team know.

Thanks,
antsle Support