Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

# of connections to anthill in 1 day

I use OpenDNS as my DNS settings in my router (so all traffic goes through it) and noticed that, every day, there are over 3000 connections (or pings or whatever) to anthill.antsle.com

I know it periodically phones home, but isn't that excessive?

I mean, google.com is second with 2300, but I have 3 computers with chrome on them and all of our phones (3) are android.  So I'd expect alot of communication with google.com

Uploaded files:
  • 2019-08-29-anthill.PNG

Hi @lancem,

By default, your antsle will ping antHill each 30 seconds. antHill is fully optional. If you don't need any of its features, such as instantSSL™, you can disable it; to do so run `service anthilld stop`.

@lancem, forgot to mention that we do plan to change anthill daemon to use a message broker instead of http polling in the future.

Ah I didn't know it was every 30 seconds.  That works out.

Thanks!