Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNano and 8GB Raspberry Pi 4?
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano and 8GB Raspberry Pi 4?

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi,

I just read the 8GB version of the Pi4 has been released.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/8gb-raspberry-pi-4-on-sale-now-at-75/

So the question is can i upgrade my current Nano to 8GB Pi4 version, by just swapping the board?

Naik

I would say yes, absolutely. If the only difference is the RAM then it should be totally fine. Of course, you never know until you test it but we wil definitely be getting our hands on these!

@marc what do you think?

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

We haven't tested it yet, but I'm pretty sure it will work. Just shutdown you nano properly, switch the Pis and power the new one back up😉

Let me know how it goes!

I myself am admittedly starting fresh, but I myself just got myself a Raspberry Pi 4 8GB and have kinda been running into multiple walls trying to essentially do this. The pi absolutely refuses to boot edgelinux until i upgrade the firmware included on the image - a process which I've admittedly been having difficulty with, but I managed (not confidently though!) After this I managed to get it booted up, but at best I've only been able to log in, at which point it takes me to a page that loads infinitely - I can't tell if this is an unrelated issue or related to the firmware.

Hey @chirrveon! Thanks for letting us know! We're still waiting for our new model here, but I'll give it a go myself as soon as they arrive - and will keep you posted😉

Cheers,

Marc

chirrveon has reacted to this post.
chirrveon

Sounds good, I'll be looking out for that!

I am seeing the same thing, I can SSH in just fine, the Antman login screen allows me to log in just fine then goes into the infinite dot's chasing themselves in a circle.  Looking forward to you guys getting your 8GB units to test with so we can get this resolved.

I did upgrade to Antman 3.1.0c, as well as ensured that I had connectivity to the Anthill.

Additional information, I can not boot the 8G Raspberry Pi with the SD that came from Antsle for the 4G, the bootloader fails.  However if I create a new SD, the symptoms above are seen on the 8G, however if I take the same SD and put it in the 4G, Antman comes up and takes me to the activation screen.  So there is obviously something with the 8G Raspberry that is missing in the software image.

Hi..yes you can swap it. It ll perform better also. As Raspberry org mentioned the BCM2711 chip that we use on Raspberry Pi 4 can address up to 16GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM, so the real barrier to our offering a larger-memory variant was the lack of an 8GB LPDDR4 package.

surface mount assembly

Hey guys!

Here's the link to the new beta version that also runs on the 8GB version of the Pi. Please note that you will need to re-flush the sd card with the new image, which will wipe all data on it. If you already activated your Nano, you may also need to contact support to reset your license in order for it to work on the new board.

Download: https://s3.wasabisys.com/wasabi--cloud-6a2aa848-8fea-4d97-b476-2e5ef9db7c18/edgeLinux/edgelinux-nano-beta.zip

Cheers,

Marc

dmck3 and chirrveon have reacted to this post.
dmck3chirrveon

The link doesn't seem to work.  Trying to get it to load on my 8GB.  Version 4.19.88-v8+ is what I currently have loaded.  I was able to login to the UI, but it just spins.

Page 1 of 2Next