Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralFile server / NAS server
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

File server / NAS server

I am going to buy a large USB drive and attach it to the Antsle and use it for file storage for images and photos

What OS in your opinion would serve this purpose well?

Someone suggested freenas and another said just use Ubuntu with no GUI and samba.

FreeNAS is a good option. In fact, I installed it as an Antlet just so I could mess around in the GUI and get a feel for the software. I have a WD 8TB MyCloud that is a piece of junk with it's factory WD software. I'm hoping to somehow bypass that firware and make the drives available and managed via FreeNAS. Still exploring options for this.