Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralCentOS-based edgeLinux?
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

CentOS-based edgeLinux?

OK, so, recognizing that we all have a LOT of other things on our mind right now and that this is NOT the most important one, I still am sort of wondering where things are at with a general release of CentOS-based edgeLinux, and an upgrade path for those of us still running the Gentoo based release?

/m

Hi @mshappe, edgeLinux 2.0 GA release should come on April with a migration path for gentoo users

lancem, Matthew Massa and mshappe have reacted to this post.
lancemMatthew Massamshappe

Good to hear! Thank you for the update!

Looking forward to seeing that migration path for my Antsles!

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

The world has been a messy place the last few months, so I'm not surprised if it's taking a while, but can we get an ETA on this?

lancem

My Antsle One was having issues. I'm sure due to my tinkering with Gentoo. So I wiped the drives, and downloaded the EL 2.0.0 iso (CentOS) in the downloads section of anthill.  It installed, with a few hiccups... I had to completely fdisk the ssd's before I got an error-free install. But it is up and running on the Antsle One as we speak.

I am having some trouble restoring my old antlets (from the Gentoo box) to this new OS ... but I have just recreated the important ones one my One D while I was working on the Antsle One during the upgrade.

SO ... YES you can get CentOS 7 edgeLinux 2.0.0 on the old Antsle One   You MAY lose all your current antlets.   As a full wipe and load, complete restart from scratch I can recommend it.  antMan 3.1.0 has some nice additions you may like.

Feel free to contact me if you want to poke around on it... the Antsle One is now a test environment so there is nothing critical running on it at this time.

Hi @mshappe,

The beta migration procedure is this one:
https://docs.antsle.com/system/edgelinux-os-architecture#how-to-migrate-from-edgelinux-1-based-on-gentoo-to-edgelinux-2-0

As the "beta" word suggests, it shouldn't be used yet if you have antlets in production. However, if you're OK wiping your drives and/or losing antlets (as @spollock mentions), it is perfectly fine to install edgeLinux 2.0.

It's nice to see progress. Unfortunately, I need a process that is less chancy 🙂 I am definitely using at least one of my antlets "in production", and would be loathe to lose it. Still, I will review the link and see if I think it's time to take the plunge.

lancem

I just upgraded to edgeLinux2 today. I am still trying to get things back the way I like it; however, the process as described (in the help docs) works as promised. I had a few differences than the video and had to change my boot disks, but went okay.

I do wonder though why my CentoOS7 KVM template is 43 GB!

Also the bonjour is does not seem to be working as before as I cannot SSH into via antsle.local anymore. I will have to debug that issue. Never a dull moment I guess..

Regarding edgeLinux, I'm not familiar with a specific CentOS-based distribution by that name. It's possible that it refers to a customized or specialized version of CentOS developed by a particular organization or project. It would be best to consult official CentOS documentation or relevant community forums for the latest updates on any specific releases or upgrade paths.

among us bloxd io